Thursday, February 12, 2009

At Home Workouts

So what's the excuse this time? No gym membership? No time? No problem!

There are plenty of workouts that can be done at home. My favorite equipment is just a set of adjustable dumbbells that I bought at Sports Authority similar to these ones. With them I can work out all my major muscle groups (you might want ones with more weight if you are a very muscular person). For cardiovascular workouts I run outside, but you could walk or bike as well.

You can also use calisthenics. These are workouts that use your own body as resistance to strengthen your muscles and increase flexibility. Some examples of these are crunches, push ups, pull ups, lunges, and calf raises.

Bob Harper, trainer on the Biggest Loser, gives a few more examples of calisthenics that you can add to the list:



Can I just say that I LOVE The Biggest Loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment